Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Intrusion of the Hiring Process


As I enter the final stages of the application process for professional license in the State of New York, I realized that I will be scammed once more, to the tune of $115.00 for finger prints. The excuse is the same always. It's a precautionary measure to determine If I had been arrested recently, despite never being arrested.

It was at this very moment that I realized I am in deep and foreboding conflict with my royal fingers. There was a time when I believed that my patience, diligence, ability to work with others, smarts and intelligence was my greatest asset. Apparently, I was seriously misinformed.

These days, the ridges and patterns at the tip of my thumb, index finger, pinkie and even middle finger is my greatest asset. Results and analysis conducted by private and state officials determines whether or not I am qualified to sell my labor in exchange for a paycheck. Oh how I love you my Royal Fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment